TITLE: Assistant Branch Manager
DEPARTMENT: All Branches
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager, supervises and directs the daily activities of the branch. Ensures that all Bank policies and procedures are adhered to. Acts in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day Branch operations, including teller staff and customer service function.
- Perform teller/head teller function as needed, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and check cashing.
- Ensure compliance with operational, security and audit procedures.
- Perform daily customer service functions such as opening new accounts, processing wire transfers, assist customers with accounts inquires and problems.
- Assist with completion of daily and or monthly reports.
- Supports staff by counseling, coaching and directing, when necessary.
- Assists with completion of all employee performance reviews for Branch staff.
- Oversees training of Branch staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee constantly is required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands, and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Five years previous bank branch experience, as Assistant Branch Manager or Head Teller
- Bank Lending Knowledge
- Personal Computer Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills